Exceptional African students interested in pursuing a bachelor’s, dual degree, master’s, or Ph.D. at Google are eligible for the Google Conference Scholarships program. The most meritorious applicants will get scholarships after all applications have been evaluated.
Want to attend a renowned American university? You might benefit from this opportunity in some way! African students may apply for the Google Conference Scholarships that Google has organized. Applications for the academic program are now being accepted.
Table of Contents
About Google Conference Scholarships
A global technology leader in consumer electronics, cloud computing, computer software, quantum computing, and search engine technology, Google LLC is headquartered in the United States. As a result of its market domination, data collection, and technological advantages in the field of artificial intelligence, it has been referred to as “the most powerful corporation in the world” and one of the most valuable brands in the world. Along with Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Meta, and its parent firm Alphabet, this industry is referred to as the “Big Five” in the United States.
On September 4, 1998, while earning their PhDs at Stanford University in California, Larry Page and Sergey Brin launched Google. Together, they hold around 14% of the shares of the publicly traded corporation, and thanks to super-voting stock, they hold 56% of the voting power among stockholders. In 2004, the business made its first public offering (IPO). In 2015, Google underwent a reorganization and changed its legal status to that of an Alphabet Inc. subsidiary. Google, Alphabet’s largest subsidiary, is home to all of the company’s online assets. On October 24, 2015, Sundar Pichai took over as CEO of Google when Larry Page was named CEO of Alphabet. Pichai was appointed CEO of Alphabet on December 3, 2019.
In January 1996, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Ph.D. candidates at Stanford University in California, launched Google to do research. Before Google was even incorporated as a corporation, Scott Hassan was a key programmer who contributed a sizable amount of the original Google Search engine’s source code. Following his departure, Hassan started Willow Garage, a robotics company, in 2006.
The first IPO for Google took place on August 19, 2004. Larry Page, Sergey Brin, and Eric Schmidt made a deal to collaborate at Google for 20 years, or until 2024, at that time. 19,605,052 shares were being sold by the company for $85 each. The mechanism used by the underwriters for the deal, Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse, allowed for the online auction-style selling of the shares. Google’s market value surpassed $23 billion after it was sold for $1.67 billion.
Benefits of Google Conference Scholarships
Google LLC will present rewards to African students in a variety of amounts depending on academic merit.
Eligibility for Google Conference Scholarships
- All nationalities are eligible for Google Conference Scholarships.
- Eligible Subjects or Courses: Google LLC offers bachelor’s, dual-degree, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, mathematics, and engineering.
- Eligibility Criteria: The following requirements must be met by the candidates to be eligible for Google Conference Scholarships:
- You must be a full-time student attending an accredited African university who requires money to attend a conference.
- Obtain acceptance for a paper at a prestigious computer science conference. In research areas where Google is interested, we like to support conferences. For a list of locations, go visit google.com.
- Be the first author—alone or with another person—of the accepted paper
How to Apply for Google Conference Scholarships
- Students are automatically graded if they submit their online application by the deadline for the conference they desire to attend.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide their transcripts, resumes, passport copies, two references, and recommendation letters.
- Students must have an excellent previous degree certificate to be admitted.
- Students must demonstrate that they have a strong command of both written and spoken English.
31 December 2022