Rise Scholarship for Higher Education 2023 – Apply Now
The RISE (Research Internships in Science and Engineering) Scholarship, is a program that provides funding for undergraduate students to participate in research internships in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). The program is designed to encourage more students to pursue careers in these fields and to help them gain valuable research experience before graduating.
RISE scholarships typically cover the costs of the research internship, including housing, travel, and a stipend for living expenses. Some RISE programs may also provide additional support, such as mentorship or academic advising, to help students succeed in their internships.
To be eligible for a RISE scholarship, students must typically be enrolled in an undergraduate program in a STEM field and have a strong academic record. They may also be required to meet other criteria, such as being a member of an underrepresented group in STEM or demonstrating financial need.
If you are interested in applying for a RISE scholarship, follow the steps below for more information on eligibility and the application process.
More Details About Rise Scholarship
Rise is a program that finds brilliant people who need opportunity and supports them for life as they work to serve others. The program starts at ages 15–17 and offers a lifetime of benefits including scholarships, mentorship, access to career development opportunities, funding, and more as Global Winners work toward solving humanity’s most pressing problems.
Everyone who applies joins a global community of leaders and gains access to free online courses and opportunities from our partners around the world.
The co-founders of Schmidt Futures, Eric and Wendy Schmidt, pledged $1 billion in philanthropic support in 2019 to find and nurture international talent.
The centerpiece of that dedication is Rise, a project of Schmidt Futures and the Rhodes Trust. The Schmidt Science Fellows program was established as part of an earlier collaboration between Schmidt Futures and the Rhodes Trust, which is built upon by Rise. Both organizations have grasped the value of creating a network of extraordinary talent, and this collaboration enables them to concentrate on engaging a younger audience between the ages of 15 and 17 for the first time.
Eric and Wendy Schmidt launched Schmidt Futures, a charitable organization that places early bets on extraordinary individuals tackling challenging issues in science and society. The Rhodes Trust, established at the University of Oxford, brings together and nurtures remarkable individuals from all walks of life and academic specialties who are frustrated with the status quo and courageous enough to take action.
Aim and Benefits of Rise Scholarship
All Rise global winners receive access to the following benefits and participate in the following programs upon selection:
- Residential Summit: An invitation to attend a fully-funded, three-week residential summit with other members of the Rise Global Winner cohort — to be held in a rotating location globally for each new cohort — as well as to join network events in subsequent years.
- Mentorship & Career Services: Mentors paired with each Global Winner to provide personal, academic, or professional guidance, and specialized career services for internships and jobs.
- Programming: Virtual and in-person leadership and educational courses designed specifically for the Global Winner cohort, and a service commitment made through the Global Winner Pledge.
- Global Winner Network: Access to a network of other Global Winners across cohorts to connect on common interests, make service commitments, launch enterprises, and collaborate together.
- Higher education Scholarships: A four-year, post-secondary scholarship at any accredited university, including tuition and a living stipend, based on need and where not already covered by financial aid.
- Technology: Technology packages, such as laptops or tablets, to be determined each year.
In addition, all rise global winners will have the opportunity to apply for the following benefits over their lifetime:
- Partner Network: Opportunity to be matched to programs, secondary school scholarships, internships, and other benefits from partners who are part of the Rise network.
- Funding Opportunities: Opportunity to apply for funding to experiment with innovative ideas to address major problems in local communities or around the world — ranging from seed money to start a social enterprise to a grant for a non-profit. Funds will be designated for these purposes in a total pooled amount of at least $5 million per year of the program.
- Education Support: Opportunity to apply for scholarship funds for a graduate degree.
Requirements for Rise Young Leaders Challenge Qualification
- Open to applicants from around the world;
- They may emonstrate brilliance in a range of disciplines. Some may excel in STEM fields, others may show outstanding artistic ability, and others may have a gift for community service and organizing.
- Should be between 15-17 years old.
All Rise Global Winners demonstrate the five Rise Traits:
How to Apply for Rise Scholarship Program
Interested and qualified? Go to Rise on www.risefortheworld.org to apply
Stage 1: Introduce Yourself
Talk about your background, your brilliance, and your talents.
- Complete your profile
- Respond to two questions about your background and passions
- Watch and peer review other applicant’s videos
Stage 2: Create Your Project
Complete an individual project that demonstrates your interest, abilities, and drive.
- Respond to the prompts, documenting your research, design, and implementation
- Fill out the Project Summary
- Join the Rise Discord Community (Optional)
Stage 3: Finish the challenge
See what others are working on and take the Puzzle Quiz.
- Watch and peer review other applicant’s projects
- Take the puzzle quiz. This is not the kind of quiz that you can study for, so just bring yourself and do your best.
For more details, visit the official website.