Qatar University Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students for the 2022/2023 academic session is ongoing. And this scholarship opportunity is for academically distinguished students who are interested in studying at the university for their undergraduate programs.
If getting a scholarship at Qatar University is what you have been longing for. Read through the article on how to register, its benefits, and other things you need to know.
About Qatar University
Qatar University (QU) has served as Qatar’s primary institution of higher education since its inception in 1977 and has become a regional beacon of academic and research excellence.
QU is dedicated to delivering high-quality education in areas of national importance. The goal of aligning its colleges, programs, and courses with established international standards and best practices underpins this commitment. As a result, QU’s accreditation initiatives have been a success, with the support of numerous leading international accrediting bodies.
Colleges at QU include the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS), the College of Business and Economics (CBE), the College of Education (CED), the College of Engineering (CENG), the College of Health Sciences (CHS), the College of Law (LAWC), the College of Medicine (CMED), the College of Pharmacy (CPH), the College of Sharia and Islamic Studies (CSIS), the College of Dental Medicine (CDM), and the College of Nursing.
QU provides the widest range of academic programs in Qatar (50 Bachelors, 47 Masters), tailoring them to the needs of Qatari society.
Read more about the University here..
Scholarship benefits for Qatar University Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students
The following benefits are available to successful applicants for Qatar University International Students Scholarships:
- Tuition fees are waived.
- Exemption from textbook fees 500 QR per month
- Student housing (two students per room) with transportation to and from campus included.
- Annual round-trip flight ticket
- A residence permit sponsored by QU
How can I get a full scholarship in Qatar?
Applicants must fulfill the requirements listed below to be eligible for scholarships offered by Qatar University for international students:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- A high school average of at least 95%
- Final acceptance into the university.
- The applicant must fulfil the prerequisites for admission to the college they applied to.
- The scholarship must be utilized beginning with the semester in which it was granted. The start of the study can be postponed for one semester, if necessary, conditional on the approval of the scholarship committee. If the student does not pass his/her first semester, the scholarship will be canceled and the student will be informed by QU email.
- Applicants must have a good reputation.
Conditions for Qatar University Fully Funded Scholarship
- The student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
- The student must complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
- The student must remain registered continuously (in the Fall and Spring) until graduation.
- The student should not exceed the period for graduation according to his/her study plan.
- Recipients of the scholarship are expected to adhere to the academic regulations, policies, and procedures of Qatar University.
- Must abide by the General Conditions to keep the scholarship.
Requirements for application:
- The applicant must have a high school certificate or its equivalent.
- Applicant must receive the Final Acceptance (Not Provisional Admission) in the university.
- The scholarship should be utilized starting from the semester in which the scholarship was awarded. If the student does not pass his/her first semester, the scholarship will be terminated and the student will be informed by QU email.
- Applicant should not get benefit from this scholarship and another sponsorship/scholarship simultaneously.
Application and evaluation procedures
- The applicants will be evaluated within seven weeks after the deadline for the online scholarship application.
- An initial conditional acceptance letter will be sent to the nominated student stating the conditions that must be met and the documents required to receive the final acceptance.
- After receiving the required documents, the university will apply for visas and the students will be notified accordingly.
- The final admission and scholarship decisions will be sent to the students by email according to the announced timeline.
- Upon receiving the applications, the scholarship committee may consider the applicant’s standardized test scores in English (IELTS or TOEFL) and in Mathematics (SAT, ACT, QU Math Placer) or other test scores selected by the committee.
How to Apply
The applicant may apply for the admission scholarship through the online admission application in the “Scholarship Application” section during the announced application period.
Upon receiving the applications, the scholarship committee may consider the applicant’s standardized test scores in English (IELTS or TOEFL) and in Mathematics (SAT, ACT, QU Math Placer) or other test scores selected by the committee.
Can I work while studying in Qatar?
The Student Employment Program assists students in gaining work experience in a real-world setting. In their spare time, student employees can work in all QU colleges and departments in various administrative and academic positions and be paid according to the program’s policies and procedures.